Under the Class Licence scheme, Internet Service Providers and Internet Content Providers are automatically class licensed and must comply with the Class Licence Conditions (PDF/68KB) and the Internet Code of Practice (PDF/65KB).
Registration Required for Specific Groups of Class Licensees
Although Class Licenses are automatically granted, the following groups of Class Licensees are required to register with MDA within 14 days of the commencement of their service, or as otherwise notified by MDA. In addition, these groups of licensees will also need to provide 14 days written notice to MDA prior to the termination of their service.
· Internet Access Service Providers such as SingNet Pte Ltd, StarHub Limited and M1 Limited. All Internet Access Service Providers must first obtain a Facilities-Based Operator (FBO) or Services-Based Operator (SBO) Licence from the Infocomm Development Authority before registering with MDA.
· Political parties registered in Singapore, providing any content on the World Wide Web through the Internet.
· Groups, organisations and corporations engaged in providing any programme for the propagation, promotion or discussion of political or religious issues relating to Singapore on the World Wide Web through the Internet.
· Individuals determined by MDA to be engaging in providing any programme for the propagation, promotion or discussion of political or religious issues relating to Singapore on the World Wide Web through the Internet.
· Internet Content Providers who are in the business of providing through the Internet an online newspaper for a subscription fee, or other consideration.
· Localised and Non-localised Internet Service Resellers providing computer online services. This group includes Internet cafes, schools and public libraries. (However, Internet Service Resellers that provide access to the public for purposes only incidental to their primary business, or for purposes of demonstration only on an occasional basis are not required to register with MDA or inform MDA on their termination of services. This group includes hotels providing Internet access to their guests.)
· Audiotext Service Providers. This group refers to those who are in the business of providing services that involve chat lines, SMS chat, mobile phone downloads, information services, games of chance, International Call Card (ICC) services, etc.
When in doubt, Class Licensees can check with MDA to confirm if registration is required. Click here to send your queries to MDA.
Class Licensees can register at:
· Online Registration for ISPs
· Registration for Audiotext Services
· Registration for Internet Content Providers - Political Parties Registered in Singapore
· Registration for Internet Content Providers - Political or Religious Content
· Registration for Internet Content Providers - Subscription Online Newspaper
For the above groups of class licensees who require registration with MDA, only Internet Access Service Providers, Localised and Non-Localised Internet Service Resellers are required to pay a fee.
· $1,000 per annum for Internet Access Service Providers
· $100 per annum per premises for Localised Internet Service Resellers
· $1,000 per annum for Non-Localised Internet Service Resellers (with 500
or more user-accounts)
· $100 per annum per premises for Non-Localised Internet Service Resellers (with
less than 500 user-accounts)