MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
(last revised 21 Oct 2011)
The Media Development Authority (MDA) will collect personal data (Data) from individuals for its operational needs as it fulfils its role to promote and regulate the media sector in Singapore.
Adequate policies and procedures have been put in place by MDA
- To specify the purpose(s) for use of the Data;
- To safeguard the interests of the individuals ;
- To protect the confidentiality of the Data that it has collected from unauthorised access;
- To retain the Data for only as long as it needs to meet its purpose.
MDA seeks implied consent from individuals for the collection, use and disclosure of the Data in the following situations
- The Data is necessary to render a MDA service that the individual has applied for;
- The use of MDA’s Online Feedback form by the individual.
MDA may share necessary Data with other Government agencies or non-Government organisations authorised by MDA to carry out specific functions in order to
- Process any applications made by the individual;
- Render an efficient and effective service to the individual, unless the sharing of Data is prohibited by legislation.
MDA will ensure that the said Parties satisfy MDA’s Data Protection Policy requirements before the release of the necessary Data.
Individuals may contact MDA via the MDA Online Feedback Form or contact MDA’s Quality Service Manager
- To request for amendments to his/ her Data on the basis that the Data collected or maintained by the MDA is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To provide feedback in relation to MDA’s Data Protection Policy.
Quality Service Manager
Tel: 1800 837 9979 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm)
Fax: 6577 3888
MDA reserves the right to amend its data protection policy and the information published about the said policy from time to time. While MDA takes reasonable care to ensure that information published about its said policy is up-to-date, MDA does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information.